The daily activities and experiences are planned according to the developmental levels and interests of the child. These include the physical, intellectual, emotional and social areas of a child’s development. As the children explore with materials in a variety of activities, their teachers listen, observe and interpret their behavior. They can then promote the child’s learning by asking questions, making suggestions, adding more complex materials or ideas to the activities planned for them.
Through these learning programs we strive to help each child:
- Develop a positive self-image.
- Develop self-control and independence (self-help).
- Develop respect for others.
- Develop social skills.
- Develop communication skills.
- Develop self-expression through music, art, language, drama and play.
- Develop gross and fine motor skills.
- Learn good health habits.
- Develop academically through teacher-directed and free choice activities.